Campofelice di Fitalia offers interesting cultural attractions such as its Wheat Museum.
The first settlement of Campofelice di Fitalia, also known as the Town of Wheat, was founded in 1101 by Normans. The modern town dates back to the 19th century when Prince Girolamo Settimo Calvello e Naselli obtained jurisdiction of the village. The name Campofelice derives from the words “campo” (field) and “felice” (happy) and it describes the abundance of its territory. The most important monuments of the village are:
The Mother Church, built in 1800 and dedicated to San Giuseppe the Patron Saint of the village, it had a wonderful bell-tower with an art nouveau style added in 1927. The Wheat Museum displays various traditional tools used by farmers through time for the local production of wheat. The Civic Ethno-Anthropological Museum holds interesting objects relating to the customs and traditions of the village.
People live here:
It is famous for:
the quizmaster Mike Bongiorno
the Prince Girolamo Settimo
Festa del Grano
How to get there:
Take Autostrada Palermo – Agrigento exit Mezzojuso – Campofelice di Fitalia
Take Autostrada Agrigento – Palermo exit Mezzojuso – Campofelice di Fitalia
La Rocca Hotel and Restaurant
Villa Priolo Aparment
Ristorante La Rocca
Find out more information in the Palermo beach pages