Campofiorito is an ancient village which provides interesting summer festivals every year.
The first settlement of Campofiorito dates back to the Greek period. Later it was completely destroyed by Arabs who rebuilt the new village calling it “Ballanūba”. The emperor Federico II of Hohenstaufen later destroyed the Arabs in the twelfth century, and founded this small village.
The most important monuments of this village are: the Mother Church, built in 1760; The Church of San Giuseppe, built in 1804; the Castellaccio Civic Museum of Campofiorito which includes the impressive findings from the Middle Age, collected in the area; The 18th century fountains; The Church of Santo Stefano; The Lavatoio Regina Elena which is a well preserved ancient public thermal bath.
People live here:
Sagra della Fava, Bean Festival
Festa del Buccellato, food festival, here it is possible to buy and taste this typical Christmas dessert
The fiera del bestiame, Agricultural festival
How to get there:
Get on SS624, SP4 and SS188dir/c to Via Giacomo Matteotti/SP12 in Campofiorito. Take Strada Provinciale 8/SP8, SP78, SS188, Strada Statale 118/SS118 and SS188dir/c to Via Giacomo Matteotti/SP12 in Campofiorito
Get on A29 Trapani-Palermo exit Partinico. From Partitico take the SP n. 2 to S.Giuseppe Jato and then the SP n. 4 to Corleone. Then follow SP188C exit Campofiorito.
Country House Ridocco
Country House Il Bevaio di Corleone
Ristorante Pizzeria La Lanterna
35, contrada Monsignor Cataldo Naro, PA 90030
Mobile: 0039 388 782 5607
Gerardi Nicolo’ Ristorante
Contrada Parrina, Campofiorito, PA 90030
Ph. 091 846 6536;