Campofranco was founded in 1537 by Don Giovanni del Campo.
Thanks to its fertile environment the village of Campofranco was soon populated by farmers and artisans who built the current old town centre. This village is well known for the presence of the Gallo D’Oro river and its Nature Reserve.
The most important monuments of the village are:
the Church of San Francesco;
the Mother Church, dedicated to San Giovanni Evangelista, was built in 1575 by Giovanni Dei Campo with a Neoclassical style;
the Church of Santa Maria dell’Itria includes impressive Neoclassical stuccos and decorations;
Close to the village it is possible to visit the Mount Conca Nature Reserve which was established in 1995 to protect the Karst territory of the area and its prominent vegetation.
People live here:
Festa di San Calogero, holy festivity
Sagra dei Pupi di Pane, traditional food festival
How to get there:
Get on SS189 Palermo-Agrigento, exit Capofranco
Get on SS189 to Palermo and exit Campofranco
Get on SV Caltanissetta-Agrigento, exit Palermo-Aragona and then follow SS189 to Palermo, exit Campofranco
From Palermo Central Station and Agrigento Station
Country House Monte Caccione
Country House Monticelli
Bed & Breakfast Poggio Accogliente
Agriturismo Monte Caccione